Rebecca Linford has an MA Honours Degree in English (Dundee) and a Postgraduate Diploma with distinction in Information and Library Science (Robert Gordon University). She is a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals and a Professional Member of the Society of Indexers.
Rebecca lives and works from her home office near the village of Collace in Perthshire, Scotland.
- Postgraduate Diploma (with distinction) in Information and Library Science, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen (1995 – 1996)
- MA (Hons) in English, University of Dundee (1991 – 1995)
Also studied American Studies, Management, and Political Science and Social Policy
- 2008 Web Indexing Award, awarded by the Web Indexing SIG (now the Digital Publications Indexing SIG), a Special Interest Group of the American Society for Indexing, for the A to Z Index, Department of English website, University of Dundee.
- 1996 Scottish Library Association Medal for best postgraduate student in Information Science.
- 1996 Riley Dunn and Wilson Prize for best postgraduate student in Information Science.
Freelance indexer and website consultant since 2006. Web manager at a Scottish university for 10 years, and have also held technical support specialist and web developer positions. Library and information science background.
- Professional Member of the Society of Indexers (MSocInd)
Accepted by the Society of Indexers as a Professional Member following completion of the Society’s course “Training in Indexing” in May 2008.
- Chartered Library & Information Professional (MCLIP)
Accepted by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) as a Chartered Member in November 2003.
- Member of the Digital Publications Indexing SIG (was the Web & Electronic Indexing SIG), a Special Interest Group of the American Society for Indexing (2007 – present). (SIG Manager Jan 2009 – Aug 2010.)